**See how the grout colorants match nicely with Kismet Mosaic Glass!!!
Our Oxide pigments contain inorganic manufactured pigments. They are not found in the earth as natural soils, but are created using natural components such as iron or clay that are manipulated, usually by heating. The resulting shades are bright, UV resistant and have powerful tinting strength.
In addition to use in paint and milk paint, adding our pigment colors to grout or white thin-set can greatly enhance the beauty of tile. Ratios should not exceed 10% to the weight of the grout. Oxides pigments produce the darkest colors.
Because grout base is white, only pastel to medium shades can be achieved. The color can be slightly darkened by the use of sealants that change the light refraction.
Pre-colored mortar can have additional color added to pull it in a certain direction, however that ratio should not exceed 3%. The addition of extra bonding agents suitable for grout are recommended when adding pigment. I have also had success when using dry pigments to color white tile adhesive (also called mastic in the US) when I do not want to grout, mostly in mixed media mosaics.
Dry pigment should be mixed with your dry grout first, then add your water gradually.
1. It is recommended to mix the colorant with the grout prior to adding water. Do not exceed 10% colorant to grout weight. (i.e. Use approximately 1.6 Tablespoons Colorant to 1 cup of grout or 3.2 Tablespoons to 1 pint of grout)
- Avoid breathing pigment dust. The use of a nuisance dust mask is recommended.
- Avoid getting dust onto hands or clothing. Wear protective clothing such as aprons and rubber gloves, and wash up with soap and water after handling pigments. Do not eat or drink while handling powdered pigments. Keep hands away from face and eyes. If pigments get into eyes, flush liberally with water.
- Cover work surfaces and clean up thoroughly when finished. Powders can be wiped up with a wet disposable towel.
- Avoid using powders where fans or blowing air are present.
- Open pigment containers carefully to avoid spillage. After use ensure containers are closed securely and free of residue.
- Keep all pigment containers clearly marked.
- Have dedicated tools and containers that are used just for your pigments.
- Pigments are not suitable for food use and are not meant to be used as food coloring.
- Pigment Powders are not suitable to be handled by children.
- Powdered Colorant Sample $ 3.75
- Ultramarine Blue from $ 12.00
- Orange Oxide Colorant from $ 3.75
- Violet from $ 16.50
- Parrot Green Oxide Colorant from $ 3.75
- Primary Red Oxide Colorant from $ 2.75
- Medium Yellow Oxide Colorant from $ 3.75
- Terra Cotta Oxide Colorant from $ 3.75
- Black Colorant from $ 3.75
- Titanium White from $ 9.50
- Viridian Green from $ 13.50